As far as the appointment went, the doctor said that on a scale from 1 - 10, with 10 being the worst, Jax's flat spot is at a 7.5. Without the helmet, he said that it would get to a 5, at best. With a helmet, he said he could get it to a 1. His right ear and right side of his forehead are also slightly forward compared to his left side. So, helmet it is. He will be in it for 23 hours a day for 3-4 months. It makes me soo sad. We did see a lot of other babies in the helmets, though, and they seemed perfectly happy and not bothered by it at all, so that gives me hope. Katie and I are taking Jax back to SLC tomorrow to get the molding done for them to make his helmet. Then, we will be headed back there on March 30th to get the helmet. So, hopefully that means, at the latest, he will get it off a week before his birthday. These next few months are going to be pretty hectic, as well. We have to make a trip to SLC every 3 weeks for them to make adjustments on the helmet and make sure that it is shaping his head the way they want it to. I have to say, I will be soo happy when this is all over.
In other news, while we were in Carson this last weekend, we decided to get a new car. It's a 2012 Subaru Outback. I honestly have never been a fan of Outbacks...ever...but it won me over when I sat in the back seat. Haha. There is a lot of room, and the seats even recline, so we're thinking it'll be great for kids. We felt like we needed a bigger vehicle, because I kept hitting Jax's head (almost) every time I put him in the car. So, I am feeling beyond spoiled and appreciative right now.
Well, Jax just woke up, so I'll have to cut this a bit short, but here are some pictures. (I'll post his 7 month shot later when I get the chance to edit it. :)
[At Grandma Barb's Birthday dinner at La Fiesta.]
[His turn with the sombrero.]
[His favorite.]
[Happy boy after his bath.]
[Hey Mom, what's that?]
[Faux-Hawk]
[Hanging out with Ariana at the park.]
[First time on the swing...he LOVED it!]
[Hanging out with his cousins in Fallon.]
[He was very curious about that pole.]
[Our new ride. It's dark gray...not black. :)]
2 comments:
Love you guys!!!!! <3
Em and Randy, its great to watch your lives unfold. You have worked hard and you are living
the dream. Jax is a wonderful cute little boy. You are truely blessed and we are because you are here with us. Love you guys.
Post a Comment